Not only does a little fresh air and nature uplift ones mood automatically, but it also enables us the ability to greatly appreciate the beautiful environment that surrounds us. Cozy bonfires, delicious s’mores, and the excitement of spooky stories are just the beginning of an endless list as to why camping in the cooler months can be anything but boring. Even further, camping has many benefits for parents and children alike. It allows people the ability to experience nature up close and at its finest, as well as educates us on many life long skills and survival lessons that may come handy in the future. Camping during the colder part of the year is a great way to spend time and become closer to loved ones while learning and having a great time all at once.
Just some reasons you should consider camping in the Fall or Winter months:
- Make your own memories and traditions— Perhaps one of the best things about camping is the fact that it allows you to spend tons of genuine, quality time with family members and friends. Forget the added distractions of the television, cell phones, and computers, and enjoy the company of loved ones as you gather around the campfire to warm up after a long, fun-filled day outside. Camping allows for the opportunity of creating wonderful, long lasting memories that you will cherish for a lifetime.
- Experience something new— When it comes to camping, most people probably picture going during the hot, summer months. This can be a lot of fun, but factors such as sun burn, sweltering heat, and pesky mosquitoes can all be unpleasant and annoying. If you’d like to experience a camping trip but dislike being uncomfortable outside in the summer heat, camping in October or even later on in the year could be perfect for you.
- Work together, creating and improving lifelong skills while also becoming closer to family and friends— Camping can be hard work, especially when you are required to gather fire wood, make dinner yourselves, and carry out all of the essential, daily activities required in order to maintain camp and survive. While it may be hard work it is also rewarding work. Working together as a team can improve relationships and bring you closer to your loved ones. You will also be able to teach your kids helpful life lessons like how to build a fire and cook.
- Enjoy and appreciate the breathtaking scenery— The Fall months are some of the most beautiful of all of the months, especially in the Northern states when the leaves change color. Frozen lakes, and the contrasting green, yellow, and brown leaves create the perfect backdrop to all of the fun, outdoor activities you will be participating in during your trip.
- Fun winter activities— The multitude of activities available when snow is present will keep you and your family and friends busy for days on end. Skiing, snowboarding, ice skating snowman making, and snowball fights are just a few favorite, super fun and exciting winter pastimes that people have been enjoying for ages.
Looking for the best camping grounds and RV parks in Texas? Come stay at Bethy Creek Resort on the north end of Lake Livingston. Bethy Creek has amazing RV campgrounds in Texas, beautiful cabins, and wooded tent sites, and you can enjoy all sorts of fun activities, such as fishing, cable wakeboarding, and other amenities on site. Learn more at www.BethyCreek.com.